December 15, 2009

Pre Fall, say wha??

So after dying over this gorgeous glimpse of De La Renta Pre-Fall, it had me wondering...


What the hell is Pre-Fall? Why am I only hearing of this now? Thankfully my questions were answered by Girl With a Satchel.

Pre-fall is the latest fashion event to be invented by buyers bored of summer sale stock and media-hungry brands eager for greater exposure. What started as literally a sneak peek at the season to come via an early drop for department stores, perhaps with one model posing in the designer’s HQ, has morphed into a full-blown mini season complete with runways and blowing out budgets. What’s next? Apres-couture? Pre-pre-spring? My brain hurts.
Ok, got it. Thanks for making this lame mini season funny.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

pink and black so pretty, I forgot it doesn't have to look 50's.

Full House said...

that is so funny. I do have to say that photo is so pretty.

Sarah Ring said...

Love this look!