August 24, 2009

My weekend : Austin

I had the best most relaxing trip to Austin. Of course I forgot my camera, please don't hold it against me I always forget something. I'll give you quick recap. Friday we arrived and picked up my friend's girls and immediately headed to San Marcos (the halfway point between Austin and San Antonio) to drop them with Grandma and Grandpa. Fortunately for me San Marcos is the home to some fun outlets. I came out empty handed but there were some brass sconces that I'm pretty sure were WS Home that I would have loved if I had a place for them. Friday night was casual and we had dinner at our hosts home.

Saturday morning after coffee a walk with the dogs and some delicious cinnamon rolls (thank you Matt) we headed to Lake Austin Spa for lunch and pedis. The grounds were gorgeous. My favorite was the pool in a barn, it's so charming! Saturday night we went to Hotel San Jose for a bottle of wine then headed to Perla for dinner. Dinner was delicious and I don't think we stopped chatting once. The hostess's husband was going to join us but I think was stopped cold by all of our inane chatter about what we were going to wear and random old acquaintances that we have run into.

{photo via love/hate austin}

For dessert we crossed the street to Amy's Ice Creams but I have to admit I was very disappointed the ice creamista didn't mix in the Nutter Butters in the Mexican Vanilla (I hope you're reading this Amy...). Ice cream with cookies on top, big deal. Much yummier if it's all mixed together. One of my favorite things that I saw there were all of the vendors selling treats out of Airstreams. Sno cones, cupcakes, crepes they had it all and I wanted something from each one.

{hey cupcake photo via jpg:photos}

Sunday we had coffee then headed to Magnolia Cafe for brunch, more girl talk and then to the airport. It was a quick trip but so, so fun. There is nothing that can beat the company of good friends. Austin you were awesome and hopefully I'll be back soon.

5 comments:

Live.Love. Photography said...

fUN! Glad to hear you had a good time!

southern daze said...

My husband and I had planned on taking a road trip to Austin in May but, sadly, it didn't happen. Thank you for letting me enjoy a little bit of Austin through you post. It sounds like you had a great time and now I'm itching to get there ASAP!

Sarah Ring said...

Hooray! I love and adore all of the places you went. The San Jose bar is a frequent date spot for my husband and I. Miss Austin already!

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!!!

Jodi Medlock said...

Austin says Come Back Soon Sarah!! We will most definitely hit an airstream treat stand and I'll take you to a REAL Amy's. xo