March 22, 2009

Peg or Martha...

Morning friends! I have that really good feeling because we got a lot accomplished this weekend (really on the account of being stuck home with sick littles) but whatever the reason I love that feeling come Monday.
Here are a couple of my whoo hoos.
-Ran to Homegoods and picked up a few darling Easter goodies for a song.
-Planned my meals. I have always been slightly in awe of Jora and Pittsy with their supermom meal planning abilities and last night I decided to give it a whirl. I planned the meals and shopping list for this week and next truth be told. We will see if this little activity in domesticity pans out for me but here's to hoping.
-Organized my magazine madness.
-Got a pedi.

Here's a few of my mehhh's
-My closet is having a code red disaster moment. It's almost over though my laundry pile significantly shrunk this weekend.
-I spent a good portion of the weekend chasing my children around with antibiotic eye drops and bleaching toys and every surface they may have touched because they both had pinkeye. We can all gross out together because seriously; gag.

All in all it started out a little shaky but ended on a high note with a family dinner and my kids even asked politely to be excused when they were finished. What more could a mom ask for?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah! Good for you taking the meal planning plunge. Let me know how it goes. It's a life saver for me. I keep too fast of a pace to 'wing' it. If I can plan the meals out I know we'll get something nutritious (hopefully) on the table in between the day's activities and the evening bath-homework-reading routine. Bon apetite!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh sorry to hear that the kiddies were sick, but you did get a lot done. I'm trying to plan out our meals as well this week. I want to go to the supermarket with a plan, because if it not it turns into chaos and I get home and still feel like I have nothing to eat/cook.

mamacita said...

I love thinking of it that way: Martha Moments and Peg Moments.

erin said...

you crack me up! a collective gag for pink eye. if it's any consolation i had a great weekend which ended abruptly last night when my kids both woke up with earaches. ugh. the dr came this morning and also found what she thinks might be a fungus on my daughters shoulder from swimming... can i get a ick in da house?

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Mamacita - Sometimes I definitely feel like Mrs. Bundy, for sure!

Olive - Glad to see I'm not the only one in the Ick camp. Hope your little ears are on the mend!