October 8, 2012

Operation Gratitude Candy Buyback

I haven't mentioned it here but I'm the sister of a deployed soldier. My brother who is deployed is 14 years younger than me, so unfortunately for him I've often thought of myself as second -in-command #2 Mom Figure rather than a sister to him. So when he decided to enlist it was very bittersweet for me. Be happy for the man who makes his own decisions while I still think of him as the sweet, crazy toddler with the kissing spot cowlick on the back of his head. 

Can't you tell, this kid wants CANDY!!

Halloween will be here before you know it and our kids will have oodles of candy to spare. Since I know first hand that my brother and his fellow soldiers LOVE sweet treats mailed to them please think about donating some of your extra candy to Operation Gratitude Candy Buyback. Here's a link to find a participating dentist near you. 

No comments: