January 7, 2011

TV Peeves

As you know I love to watch TV and it's been awhile since I've talked about it so I thought I would share with you one of my biggest TV pet peeves.  Do you notice anytime they show a couple in bed it's always the shrimpiest bed they can find?  Seriously what married couple do you know that sleeps in a full size bed or at best case scenario a queen?  I get it's all about the camera shot getting them both in or showing the conflict or the resolution in tight quarters but it's still annoying.  I'll be honest if Mr and I are at a hotel and we end up with two doubles we kiss each other goodnight and hop in our own beds.  So married TV couples please get bigger beds to help me manage my issues with strange things being super annoying.

PS:  My other pet peeve is that on Gossip Girl anytime they show wine or champagne it's served in a cylinder glass.  Switch it up stylists!

Oh and PPS:  I know I need to get a life. Seriously.

9 comments:

benson said...

so, inquiring minds want to know...what size bed do YOU sleep in? We're in a Queen size...my husband says he likes to know that I'm there :) which after almost 30 years of marriage is a very sweet thing to say xo

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Is there any question? A King. I like my own space and it's not too squished if a Little joins us during the night.

Leah said...

Dying for a king. We have a queen. And ditto for the double beds in a hotel. Love it!

benson said...

we like the King size on our vay-cays--thought maybe you were doing the California King :)which should be named a country for the size of it!

heather{land} said...

Haha. That is funny. We sleep in an queen, husband would like a king. But let's be honest -- he always sleeps in the middle or more on my side of the bed, and so that would be a lot of kind bed not being used :)

Erikah said...

I'm going to have to vote for my queen. I love being able to just reach over and feel a warm body next to me. corny... :P but its cozy

ME (aka Mia) W. said...

Love this post. I've thought the same thing -- wondered exactly how small actors were to fit in those beds. We have a King and it's just right especially with our daughter and/or the two dogs.

Luvs2dance said...

Wow - so many queen bedders, I too sleep in a queen. So with a husband that is 6'4 it gives his the excuse to cuddle up next to me for warmth he mostly refers to me as the HUMAN HEATER once Im horizontal.

lemondropdreams said...

I never noticed, but you're right, that is annoying. We've had a king size for years now, I don't know how we ever slept in anything smaller. My parents sleep in a California King. Maybe the secret to marriage is the bigger the bed the longer is lasts!