February 12, 2010

McQueen

I know this may sound completely silly to some of you but when I heard that Alexander McQueen had died I was very sad.

He was truly an artist and when the world loses a creative spirit of such greatness we all are a bit less because of it. Couple that with the fact that he took his own life, it literally broke my heart.
I know that I obviously didn't know him or even wear his clothing for that matter (too pricey for moi) but that didn't stop me from always waiting to see what he would come up with next. His clothing was perfectly tailored and full of fantasy, that combination is heady stuff.
Girls like me who love to pore over the fashion shows online or on streaming video will surely be missing him in the coming seasons.

3 comments:

Angeline Dawson said...

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post a blog entry about McQueen, but had I done so it would have read EXACTLY like yours. Such a tragic loss, I'm still heartbroken over it.

And like you said, it's not like we knew him or wore any of his clothes (I did however, fawn over almost EVERY single piece). But with that said, there is now a gaping hole in the fashion world that I don't think will ever be filled. RIP Lee. We never knew you, but we loved you.

lilbuttercup said...

I know, I felt the same way when I heard he died. I don't live that far away either...I was at a pub with friends just down the road from his London flat the day before...sad.. :'(

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

I know, and the saddest part is that they are most likely going to end his clothing line. I was kind of hoping that someone would step in and keep his vision alive, but perhaps he was too unique. I love that yellow dress - gorgeous.