February 27, 2009

Don't hate me because it's 80

The weather here today is going to be bee-you-tee-ful! Before you cold weather peeps get sad, it will be hot as Hades here before you know it. Like opening an oven door hot. So we have to get it while the getting is good! This is what's on the agenda for today: laundry, cleaning and haircuts for the boys. The haircut part is what I'm dreading, little 2 year old boys and haircuts just don't mix. It involves a lot of screaming and head holding, sucks. We have let his hair grow for a while because the process is such torture but when they start to look like they have a mullet it's time. So haircuts we go!

What I would really like to be doing is wearing this dress


And eating the picnic that Hollister and Porter ate which included: a baguette, marscapone, fig spread, sorpressata, prosciutto, sourdough and artichoke hearts. YUM! I would like to include my husband on this little picnic with the appropriate beverages maybe some Pellegrino and vino.




What may happen is the kids and I might toss some PB & J's into grocery sack and head to the park. Not quite as exciting but they'll like it.
[picnic basket image via flickr]

6 comments:

simply seleta said...

LOVE that dress. LOVE! I can spot JCrack a mile away.

80 degrees? Really?

2 yr old haircutting tip (been there so many times): Give him your phone or ipod. Have it cued up to Bob the Builder, Disney, Buzz Lightyear, anything that intrigues him. Let him sit and stare while stylish scissors away on his locks. Works like a charm for my small fry. Probably b.c I hardly ever let our kids watch TV!

Good luck and Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

Please send your weather our way-it sounds perfect!

The dress is lovely, as are your plans. When our little guy is a bit older we'd love to have a picnic outing. Until then, we usually take ours by the fireplace in the hearth room.

It's so much fun!

Have fun and enjoy your weekend ahead.

erin said...

dreamy. just dreamy. enjoy every second... we nearly had a picnic in the snow today! but thought better on a sunny terrace. certainly not 80 degrees here!

jora said...

Love that sundress and that picnic menu! By the way, I am jealous of your weather and I live in San Diego!!

Sarah Ring said...

Either picnic scenario sounds fun to me!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous dress!