August 19, 2008

Twin transformation

I love the way these old twin headboards have been transformed with a some paint and a little fabric into this gorgeous daybed. I'm not much of a DIYer but maybe with my mom's help (hint hint) I could do something like this.

The thing about projects like these is that I think I could totally do it but I don't have any tools or tool knowledge to do it. I think maybe I should take some sort of class has anyone else out there taken a shop class as an adult?

{images via Country Living}

6 comments:

Sarah Ring said...

My fiance and I could totally do this! Gorgeous! Thanks for posting this idea! Fab!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

See that's where I get into some trouble as fabulous as my guy is...building things isn't one of his best.

amber {daisy chain} said...

of course you can do this! get out the paint brush and go to town. Does the bed have the rails? I found an old sleigh bed and painted it white for Ruby's room, it's not as cute as that green bed, but it does the trick!

Sarah Ring said...

Sarah - bring your man down to Texas and Derek will give him a tutorial! LOL

Fifi Flowers said...

That's a great transformation... the cute dog is a nice touch too!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Fifi - I love the bed, but that little pooch is icing on the cake!