August 27, 2008

Am I a heel?

One of the hardest things for me as a stay-at-home mom is that sometimes I get in a rut with my wardrobe. I wouldn't say that I'm inherently stylish; you know those chicks that look so flawless and unstudied? More middle of the road probably on the casual side, I mean a lot of my day involves driving and cooking but I get tired of the tees and flip-flops. I do like to play on Net-A-Porter checking out all of the clothes and the looks that they create with the clothes, so I've picked a couple out that I would wear and seem like me.

Now the McQueen and Missoni are designer therefore a little out of my price range but the look can be created with other more affordable clothes so that doesn't worry me.

My only concern is the shoes...I LOVE heels! I would wear them all of the time if I weren't chasing two kids. I'm in the market for some fall boots and I think that I'm going to get some flat black ones. On the other hand I do already have some with a heel, do you think the heel screams Hooker-Mommy?

7 comments:

Courtney said...

There isn't a thing you could do to make you scream Hooker Mommy!! xx

Anonymous said...

Go for the HEEL - There is absolutely nothing wrong with HOOKER Mommy!!

Alison Purple said...

Absolutely NOT! Wear those heels, girl! I love the sweater in the second pic.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Thanks for the moral support girls!

amber {daisy chain} said...

Not with the right attitude, they wouldn't! I think its all about wearing what you love, once you're comfy in an outfit, it just shows.

Sarah Ring said...

Not at all! But I must say that I am COVETING flat black riding boots for fall, esp. for chasing around our neice & nephew!

I actually saw the most chic mommy at Nordstrom's for lunch. She was wearing black flat boots, black riding pants and a crip white button down with a khaki Ralph Lauren ball cap and a long pony tail. She was back to school shopping with her son, but she looked like she just left a polo match. It was the perfect prepster mommy outfit in my eyes!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Thanks Amber!

Sarah - See the whole riding look just may be a little too preppy for me but those black riding boots do sound to-die! Were they the real article like the ones Mrs. Blandings got? Those are looking pretty comfy if you asked me.