October 23, 2008

Time Out

You parents out there, do you ever feel like you could use a time out? Well tonight I do, I would like to shut myself in a room along with a dirty martini and some of my favie shows. TIME OUT for mama.

I often wonder what kind of image I project to any of you reading this blog. I'm opinionated, sometimes grouchy and I'll admit as sweet and wonderful as my kids are sometimes they drive me a bit bonkers. You can always tell my mood because usually if I'm wearing extra makeup it's because I'm trying to make myself feel better. So today I sit here with a smoky eye and a cold beer wondering if bedtime could come any faster?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear ya sista......

Sarah said...

"Tomorrow is a new day." That's what I tell myself. Sometimes we just need a break!
I'm heading to Phoenix this weekend--sort of break for me except I am helping my sister with her new baby. Cooking and cooing.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Thanks Mybelle!

Mama - Where are you headed in Phoenix? How exciting I love new babies all sweet and teeny. I'm sure your sister is super excited to have an extra pair of hands so she can get a little shut eye.

the girL said...

I imagine you to be just like me but a little kinder and more patient because you are raising kids (I think I would be WAY more grumpy WAY more often!). Oh, and taller and blonder just because ;-)

Pink Wallpaper said...

girlfriend, i hear you! sometimes i think that bottle of red wine is talking to me...

jora said...

You don't have to explain yourself to a fellow mom. I feel the exact same way much of the time! One thing that helps me (sometimes) is the thought that they won't be small for long....when they're grown we'll be wishing we were back here. Well.....maybe we will. ;) In the meantime, a dirty martini is sure to help!

Anonymous said...

After a rough day I have a "dinner of champion mommies" as I like to call it - a bowl of cereal and a glass of wine. Cereal because its easy and doesn't make a mess and wine to relax and forget about all the things there are I could be doing, ie. laundry etc.