February 28, 2011

My Oscar observations

While everyone else is breaking down the Oscars fashion I will be sharing a few observations I made throughout.

Reese Witherspoon's giant pony actually made her look a little like a My Little Pony


(While finding a picture I realized that her hair was some odd half-up, half-down concoction with that being said yes strange but still channels Pony as in My Little.)


Wow Weight Watchers got the best ad in Jennifer Hudson. Diet and exercise looks good on you!


One reason I hate HD is that you notice things like how tired people look. I can't be the only one who noticed James Franco's fatigue. My husband said his eyes looked like they had vampire circles and I tend to agree. I couldn't find the right picture of Mr. Franco but trust me he looked like a bored blood-sucker.

{Here is she is in her botoxed glory}

Nicole Kidman's forehead actually moved!  I promise, I saw it with my own eyes when they showed her during her nomination for Best Actress. Seriously Nicole you look good with a wrinkle between your eyes. Thankfully you saw the light and decided to stop it already with the botox. When your forehead is so shiny and smooth you look like some eerie weird wax figure.  Sidenote: I wrote this post last night and figured I could snag images this morning, it seems I'm not the only one with a strange fascination with "The Forehead".  You must see this, hilarious!


I wish, wish, wish I had thick hair so I could wear it like Annie did in the gold de La Renta gown.

Please dish your observations and your faves in comments. It's Monday morning for heavens sake, no working just playing!

8 comments:

Kate said...

Agree on the Reese 'do' ~ a bit wonky if you ask me for someone who can look ahhhmazing. And you really thought Nicole's face moved?? Missed it. She still looks completely frozen to me. I though Halle looked stunning - even tho I think she's being a custody poop; as did Gwyneth. Beyond that, I just want to look like Helen Mirren when I'm 60ish!

Luvs2dance said...

Nicole's expressionless mugg didn't bother me as much as it has in the past, but her dress, ugh....

What really bothered me about last night was Michael Douglas, I know I'll probably end up in H-E-double hockey sticks for this, but I really could have gone the rest of my life without enduring the presenting of an award by the Crypt Keeper - YIKES!!! It was pretty bad... and sad...

another UGH momment is JH boobs... they kill me!!! They ALWAYS look like 2 shmushed stress balls, they just bug!!! Now, her body is banging, I won't take that away from her, I just wish she'd juggle those balls a little better!

mamacita said...

I thought the gowns were so boring! Overall, that is. Cate Blanchett looked fantastic. And while I'm not a big fan of Reese's "My-Little" pony, at least she combed her hair. Yes, that was directed at you, Florence and the Machine girl.

Poor Natalie Portman looked miserable, though, don't you think? She's in the second trimester, isn't she? That's usually the (relatively) good one, but not for everyone, I imagine.

Jillian said...

mila kunis was stunning! loved her flowy, lavender dress. it was lovely.

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

Anne's hair did look fabulous and I totally agree with you on Reese.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

She does have my little pony hair! OMG, I just made the connection, it's uncanny.

I thought Anne was a decent host, she woohooed a little too much for me, and she didn't have the effortless humor of Steve Martin or Billy Crystal. Ho hum, oh well.

I thought Jennifer Hudson looked great, but her boobs were out of control...they were pointing skyward, that's all I could see in that dress.

Mary said...

I totally loved the gold dress!! Anne's wardrobe was great!
I want to know if Mila and JT are hooking up!!!

Haute Mama said...

I went to UCLA with James Franco and took an acting class with him- I got the feeling he was a total stoner then, so maybe he's still got that going on. I couldn't decide if Reese's hair was cute or totally ridiculous- good call on the my little pony thing. Feel free to check out some of my observations here:
http://hautemamadaily.blogspot.com/2011/02/and-oscar-for-least-exciting-oscars.html