February 16, 2011

I have a condition

I've turned into a green-eyed monster with a serious case of the I-Wants. It's a bad case of it and it makes me itchy. I know I should be thankful for all my blessings and what I have and it will most certainly pass but sometimes wanting a living room instead of a playroom really, really gets under my skin.  The other day another mom and I were talking at school about just wanting "stuff", is that so bad? We're both in the fortunate position of staying home with our children but sometimes finding a job so we can have stuff seems really appealing. Don't get me wrong I realize that staying home is a huge job in itself but what's going to happen when Little heads off to kindy?



So don't kill me for my little tangent but sometimes those cases of the I-Wants are bad. Anyways obvs the most covetable interiors of designers Tia Zoldan found in High Gloss aren't what sparked my infection but I do love them (and the magazine). So if money were no object a nice comfy living room would be in my future. It's a formal living room but I would like it to be a place where you can hang out too. If you had your choice what's the first itch you would scratch in your home? 

8 comments:

Emily said...

Oooo, love this kitchen! I want!

Andra said...

Master bath...jetted tub, jetted shower, Calgon take me away. ;)

Lauren@BaylorSays... said...

Oh I just can't get enough of Tia's home!! She's got a great blog going too, right?

If I could selfishly indulge an I-want (that I actually don't really need), it would be to gut and re-do my kitchen. But like you, my little Peepie is using the eat-in area as a playroom and it is just perfect for him. So I feel terrible when I start plotting and planning for him to wrap up his childhood. :-(

I totally get it!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Baylor, you said it just right plotting and planning. Oh well a little home fantasy can't hurt every now and then right?

lemondropdreams said...

I won't judge...I've always got the I-Wants!

Erikah said...

Oh - it must be contagious! I so want a new deck outside my kitchen that spans the length of the back of my house. It would be wonderful! but the A/C is about to die so guess the deck must wait yet again :(

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

I know what you mean! I am new to your blog.Really like it!!

Anonymous said...

sweet sara, I am a mom of 3(within 3 1/2 years) and I also was blessed to stay at home. You know the "I wants" comes and goes but what your investing in your children with go with them...hang in there. All 3 of my kids are in college you can alway get the stuff but you wont always have them around. Have a blessed day, Tammy