February 8, 2011

Green + Blue

When I was a kid green was my favorite color. There was a girl in first grade named Karen Lin and her favorite color was green too, her favorite food was cheese and she had perfect penmanship. She liked green and I liked green but she liked orange cheese with her green...Weird. So I had a hard time deciding if I should keep green as my favorite color because everyone knows that green and orange don't go together and I didn't want to be thought of as a green paired with orange lover too.  Ahh, the mind of a 6 year old. But what I have realized is that green does look lovely with blue.




Oh and who knows I might just become a green + orange lover because I haven't seen it paired the perfect way yet.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I just got married in December. One of our presents was a green "Ziggy" vase from Crate and Barrel, into which, this week, my husband put a single orange zinnia (and left it for me to find, on our vanity). The beautiful combination would change your mind! :)

Janet Ellis said...

The perfect combination is, of course, found in nature. Orange nasturtiums, marigolds, poppies, calendulas, gerberas, pumpkins, oranges...You get the picture. I with you though, as a decorating scheme, not so much :-)

Le said...

remember that old saying - blue and green should never be seen - together ! what rot - blue and green are together everywhere in mother nature .... green and orange .... not so sure :) le xox

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I have an idea for my bedroom but I'm not sure about it... Green could be the main theme colors in a very nature oriented sort of way, and to add a modern flair I could add orange scroll stencils on the walls and maybe even a piece of the furniture too. In my mind it looks great but I'm not sure I would love some feedback. Thanks!