December 6, 2010

My weekend

So here I am Monday morning thinking, "Oh no...I've not a single gift. Crap." This is the week peeps, I'm going to get my Christmas shopping all done. For the past couple of years I've been on an school event committee that takes up a big chunk of time in the couple of weeks leading up to it. We had the Winter Wonderland event this past weekend and it was super cute if I do say so myself. Snow, Santa, breakfast, boutique, games, treats, a street hockey tournament, it's got any wintry fun you could ask for. The kids wished that they could go again on Sunday so that makes me happy. Always leave them wanting more right? Well it left me exhausted. I went to bed at 6:30 Saturday night.

Thankfully I'm now rested and ready to tackle all of the housework and laundry that has been piling up on me. Well not really ready because the piles look so daunting but I think a few cups of coffee might perk me up to tackle it...maybe. How was your weekend? Make me jealous and tell me that you've finished all your shopping and your house is all shiny.
{image from JCrew}

2 comments:

mamacita said...

This year I'm experimenting with not doing the shopping early. The theory is that maybe prices will come down even more as the month wears on? I dunno. It's making me itchy, though.

Janet Ellis said...

It was fun seeing the snow out there still yet this morning...Must feel really good to free up some time.