August 24, 2010

A little yellow with a smidge of me

If you've been wondering where I've been it's just been a busy few days. Last Friday I had my cutie pie nephew for the day so he lucked out with an afternoon snack of Yogurtland (newest obsession) with Little and I. Then Saturday morning Mr. SFD and I headed to Colorado for a family wedding. Sunday we came home and then yesterday I taught all morning. Whew. At this point you're probably thinking, "blah, blah blah, let's see something pretty". I know, not super exciting but the pretty that I can do.

Yellow is the perfect seasonal transitional color don't you think? It starts buttery and pale in the spring then turns saturated and cheery for summer and finishes rich and deep for autumn. I'll be honest I like all of those shades but I think the summer version moving into fall is my favorite.

{images from A Diary of Lovely, Sunday Suppers and Martha Stewart}

1 comment:

marni zarr said...

so pretty! ...like butter :)