October 31, 2011

Eat it :: Cornbread

Before the Littles hit the street for trick or treating we're having soup and cornbread for dinner. This is my hands down favorite cornbread recipe. When I make it, I eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner until it's gone. With lots of butter of course.  I like to share so here is the recipe just in case you need to make something tonight.

Cornbread

  • Preheat oven to 325.
  • 1/2 C Butter
  • 1/2 C Sugar
  • 4 Eggs
  • 4 oz Green Chiles
  • 1 can Cream Style Corn
  • 1/2 C Shredded Jack Cheese
  • 1/2 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 1 C Flour
  • 1 small box Cornbread mix (I use Jiffy)
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp Salt

Mix butter, sugar and eggs, adding eggs one at time. Then add green chiles, corn and cheese. Mix in flour, cornbread mix, baking powder and salt. Grease and flour 13x9 pan. Bake for 55 minutes.

PS - Why is Trader Joe's so awesome?! Washed and cut Kale? Love it. Thank goodness for them now it's even easier for me to get it into the meals since we like to eat cornbread and all. Are you all in love with TJ's as much as I am?

1 comment:

marni zarr said...

mmm, one of my favorites! i'll have to try your recipe. sounds yummy. have fun tonight. xo!