September 1, 2010

Take off the doors?

I have this lonely upper cabinet in my kitchen, for a while now I've wanted to take it down and replace it with open shelving. Well when your job title is Domestic Engineer sometimes the one income thing puts any home improvements on the back burner. So I've seen instances when people just take the doors off of their cabinets and line the back with paper or paint the inside. I've been toying with that idea. What do you think?

Close 'er up?

Or bye bye doors? Oh and sayounara Christmas dishes on the top shelf. UPDATE: The doors are off, easy as pie. Don't worry I saved them in a safe spot under my bed when and if I decide to put them back on. Now I just need to decide what to do with the shelves and the interior. Hmmm...

9 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Bye Bye doors! Do it! You can always put the doors back on if you don't like it :)

Chelsea Junget said...

I'd take the whole unit down and add floating shelves.

Michelle said...

I love the no doors look, but only if it's styled and looks pretty. I'm with Erika, you can always put them back on.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Brand New - Believe me I would love to take the unit down but for now...sadly not happening.

Michelle - Image disclaimer: This is not styled, I literally opened up the doors and snapped a picture.:)

Luvs2dance said...

Take 'em off!!

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

Try it out. Worst case scenario you put them back on.

That Girl in Pearls said...

I totally agree with Lavender and Lilies. You can always put them back on! I'm dreaming for the day when all my cabinets have glass window panes... *sigh.

Go for it!
Hope you're doing wonderful Love!
B.

Sarah said...

i think it's a great idea - i would also remove the wooden "beam" going down the middle to open it up even more. I think a funk wallpaper in the back would look fantastic!

Mary said...

I agree...
Remove the doors...
But keep them...
Just in case!