October 6, 2013

Boy Speak

Being the mom of boys has given me tons of moments that make me laugh. As a kid I was a major doll lover, house player, dress up queen, I did have a brother but I guess his lingo didn't rub off on me. So I'm surprised quite often and the colorful descriptive language that boys use. Here are a few examples of what's going down at our house.


  • "It's Sunday and we're kids, we're doomed!!"
  • Using the word archenemy in a sentence in a way that isn't supposed to be funny or ironic.
  • There is always a lot of  "versing" going on. For example, "we versed that team last week". Hilarious makes me laugh every time and I can't correct them because I love it too much.

Snakes, snails and puppy dog tails? I'll take comic book speak any day over that!

3 comments:

sara said...

So funny! I grew up with a sister so it's been all new to me with a boy. My 10 year old always talks about the "versing" too. Cracks me up.

Luvs2dance said...

We finally (at age 15) told Tanner the correct term for "versing"!! He was quite taken back even argued that we are wrong!!! We still kind of laugh at it all!!

mamacita said...

I first noticed "versing" among my younger cousins, when they were little. It took me a while to figure out what they meant. My current favorite word, used in a discussion of middle school relationships, is "nemesis."

Maybe we all need to start reading comic books again.